WHAT WE DO
- We utilize the collective impact model to address academic and non-academic barriers to learning and develop strategies to increase success.
- We elevate and support continuous quality improvement efforts and increase evidence-based decision-making.
- We assist agencies in tracking program and student performance
- We report community level outcome indicators
What is collective impact?
Collective Impact is about unity, alignment, and collaboration. It is a strategic model that asks communities how they can make a greater dent in their work by addressing challenges together.
It means the commitment of a group of important actors from different sectors to a common agenda for solving a specific social problem.
This movement relies on several conditions to be successful:
- A common agenda: a shared understanding of the problem and a joint approach to solving it through agreed upon actions.
- Shared Measurement: Collecting data and measuring results consistently across all participants ensures parties are aligned and accountable.
- Mutually reinforcing activities: Participant activities may be different but efforts are coordinated through agreed upon plan of action.
- Continuous Communication: An open line of communication is necessary among all players to build trust, assure mutual objectives, and create common motivation.
- Backbone support: This is what Learn4Life will provide for the Columbus community. Our role is to coordinate participating organizations and agencies involved in this work.
Collective impact cannot exist without the collective will of a community, dedicated to working together to face challenging issues. It is Learn4Life’s goal to establish collective impact in Columbus, where every partner is committed to helping improve children and students’ educational journey.